HOW TO SIGN THE PETITION TO ASK FOR THE PLANNING APPLICATION APPROVAL TO BE OVERTURNED
Please help by signing our on-line petition to have the approvals overturned by clicking on this link or entering this address in your browser: https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/reject-planning-approval-to-redevelop-homebase-tesco-sites-syon-lane
We request a thorough review of the decision made at the Hounslow Planning Committee meeting of 8 April 2021 to approve the redevelopment of the Homebase and Tesco sites on Syon Lane at Gillette Corner in West London, and for the decision to be overturned.
Why is this important?
We reject the Hounslow Planning Committee decision to redevelop the Homebase & Tesco sites (P/2020/3099. P/2020/3100) for the following reasons:
1. Overdevelopment and density: 2150 homes, c 6000 residents, very high density (314 homes/hectare), 16 tower blocks up to 17 storeys (too tall for the area), pandemic lessons ignored.
2. Public transport, roads & other infrastructure: lack of essential improvements to support large population increase (eg rail & tube, reconfiguration of Gillette Corner junction to make it safer, primary school places, children’s play areas, GP surgery at Homebase site).
3. Harm to local heritage assets (Grade II listed Gillette building, protected views from Kew Gardens, Syon Park, Osterley Park, etc).
4. Inadequate fire safety measures.
5. Disregard of key planning policies: Local Plan, London Plan, NPPF, area character studies, etc.
6. Environmental impact.
Hounslow’s housing aims can be achieved by developments which are more sympathetic to the area and meet Hounslow’s housing needs for family-sized homes.
Thank you for your continued support!